Thursday, August 13, 2009

Well..

It's happening again. My parents are moving away to Florida. I understand the allure of Florida, I really do. I myself wish that I could be there, feeling the sand in my fingers, the sun in my hair. Most of my family is there, the ones I am close to anyway. I would much rather not live where I do, but life dealt me a hand that staples my feet to the earth of this state. I envy them, my parents. To be able to pick up and move where their heart calls them to.
They have been living with us for some time now. It's been cramped and busy and lovely. I have found out things I have never known about them, the kids were able to get some quality time that most grandchildren will never have. Moving back for them was a necessity, a turn of good fortune, an answered prayer. I am happy for them, excited. I am saddened and brokenhearted. Gone are the days when I could have leisurely visits, stay for weeks at a time..fly down every few months for next to nothing. Now, there is school, money..3 tickets would be needed now. Time has changed.

1 comment: